We are a fast-paced, determined, and innovative team looking for people who are intellectually curious, self-motivated, and love food, to join us. If you this sounds like you, please get in touch.
We're always reviewing resumes. Even if there are no positions posted here, please send your resume and a cover letter (and, if applicable, a link to your GitHub profile) to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in joining our team. For you engineers out there, we like to use Python but are largely technology-agnostic.
Four Reasons to Work at Food Genius
Food data is unbelievably messy, which makes our work both exciting and challenging. Consuming, normalizing, extending, visualizing, deriving insights from, and selling food data is what we do every day. If this sounds like a fun way to spend your time, then we’d love to talk.
In addition to regular ping pong games (note - none of us are very good) and awesome meals, we like to do fun, random stuff. To get a sense of what we mean, check out the “Curry Crawl” that we did with our friends at IDEO in January 2012:
Respect for Work/Life Balance
We work hard when we’re in the office but also appreciate time at home with our families. There are no set hours and no fixed vacation / sick policy; we expect you to get your work done and respect that you’re enough of an adult to figure out how to make that happen.
Food Genius has a competitive compensation package. In addition to your salary, we offer:
- generous health benefits;
- fully paid, unlimited monthly CTA pass;
- fantastic food (team lunch on Thursdays, fresh fruit delivered weekly, stocked fridge, team dinners, and we’re all bringing in interesting food regularly);
- choose your technology environment;
- convenient loft-style office in River North (close to trains, busses, and downtown);
- and a standing desk (if that’s your thing).
We currently do not have any open positions that we are actively trying to fill.